The Hit List Is Out!!

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by dianethare, Mar 27, 2015.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Absolutely disgusting, even by ISIS standards. Alas, it wouldn't be too surprising if some deranged nutbag used this list for his purposes. Here's hoping the authorities nail them before they can act.

And ISIS needs to cease to exist; permanently.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

This is certainly sick and twisted to say the least. I could not even read through the whole article because it makes me angry. We need to buckle down as a society and put an end to ISIS before something else terrible happens. It feels like the global armies and military are just sitting around pointing fingers at each other on who should deal with the problem. Let's all join forces as a global community and put and end to the terrorist groups. As a large global force we are much more than they are.

4. dianethare

I agree Rosyrain...100%, what the enemy does is inflict fear and a sense of hopelessness but if one would know the enemy's weakness...that's a battle won.

5. dianethare

I guess with the list out, the people mentioned on the list and their families need to be vigilant/cautious all the time...because they are out in the open...its sad at times being in the wrong kind of 'spotlight!'... :(

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

7. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I think there is always a danger present if you are not careful to safeguard certain personal information. sadly the electronic age has given just about anyone Card Blanche to do what they want with any information that is considered public. Throw in social media and there is a recipe for disaster. All in all though the bottom line is that if someone is brazen enough to randomly infiltrate a persons home they should equally be prepared to die. Most military people I know are more then adequately trained to take care of an intruder.

With that being said I am not convinced that anyone is in more danger then they already were in prior to this information being released. You have to face the facts that on any given day any random loon might decided you are good stalking material. It is just one of those things that go with life. Do I think ISIS will just start grabbing Americans off the streets? I doubt that, it is not impossible, but in the grand scheme of things there is so much more potential in other terrible things happening to a person that has absolutily nothing to do with terrorists. Articles and tactics like this are designed to provoke fear more then anything else.

8. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

It's just a scare tactic. They're like bullies, they want media attention and eyes on them. Think about it, if they faded into obscurity, who would want to join them anymore?

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

ISIS if firing wild shots here. They release the names hoping that some extremist will do as they ask. Much as this might appear absurd, the risk posed to those whose addresses were given can't be debated. The government should for that reason relocate the families and provide them with some protection for a little while so their safety can be assured.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

We can continue to pretend these people are a small organization. We can call them the "JV team" as President Obama did. We can burry our heads in the sand. Put these folks are more than capable of pulling off unimaginable atrocities. And they'll continue to gain strength until someone puts a stop to it.