The Pope Is Misleading Everyone?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

In 2013 Pope Francis assured all atheists, people of all faiths and "sinners" that they would all get to heaven. Of course the Catholic doctrine of purgatory assures all Catholics that after some punishment to purge them of their sins, they'll "graduate" and go to heaven. IMHO, there's no reason why the Pope should be lying to anyone unless their [the Catholic's] version of Christianity is entirely different.

What do you think of the Pope's declaration?

2. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

The Pope Francis is a really interesting human being, he's not strictly following the 'rules' of the Catholic doctrine, like that time when he said that God loves everyone, including the LGBTQ+ community. So I guess that he's doing the same there, maybe he's showing Catholics that there is more than one point of view in religion.

3. Amin

Amin Guest

I like the Pope, he also said once that the Adam and eve are just stories and confirmed the big bang theory

4. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

I really like this Pope, he seems to be doing lots of good and as well is bringing the religion into the modern age.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

He's certainly a Maverick. He has address issues that no other Pope has tackled before. He has made statements about climate change and those that profit from war. He has so much influences that he can bring change, if not more awareness because of his position of power in the Church.

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I agree that he is bringing the religion into modern times. So it may not be what others in that religion were brought up to believe but it is the way times are now. I do respect him and admire his courage for speaking out on matters that others would not have.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

8. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

The new Pope isn't really your run-of-the-mill traditional pope and is very open-minded about new teachings. He doesn't really believe word for the word the old Vatican II doctrines were blood, gays and sex were evil because the world doesn't work like that anymore and Pope Francis is very understanding of capitalism, social media and emerging first world cultures. He's a good guy.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

This pope is a bit hard to figure out. At times he's right in line with church doctorine. But at other times he seems to just fly off the handle and make bizarre statements that run contradictory to Catholic teachings. I am not a Catholic, though I have considered converting at times, but I do believe that he's a good man and has good intentions. His statements about capitalism and economics in general I​ denouce and disagree with completely.

10. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

I think that in the sense he is speaking directly against the doctrine he promotes he is a deceiver. If he wants to deviate from beliefs then he might as well create his own doctrine. Otherwise he is just speaking on lies every time he opens his mouth.

• Like Like x 1