The Pope Is Misleading Everyone?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The claim that Peter was first Pope isn't entirely true. Organized religion didn't exist at that time so how exactly could Peter be the Pope of an organization which at that time didn't exist? There's an opposing theory which suggests that the founder of the Catholic church was a magician called Simon. As for Peter being the leader of the early church, that too is debatable. It appears that James the Just, the brother of Jesus was the leader.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Reading the posts by @Rainman I don't think they're coming from an entirely neutral perspective and while that's fine because everybody will have their own opinions, I'd wouldn't blindly follow what others say, and I'd encourage them to make their own minds up on a matter.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I actually was a Catholic when I was younger but unlike most Catholics I was more open-minded, I'd go to other churches and that's how I came to learn that the Catholic church is pseudo-Christian. Even history proves it. The Popes wanted to be the most powerful people on earth [ignoring what Jesus taught, " the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves] and for a time they were until Napoleon settled their hash.

By the way if the Popes actually are representatives if Jesus on earth then the following people shouldn't have been Popes:

http://www.eaec.org/cults/romancatholic.htm
    Not saying anyone is better than these Popes. Just saying they are not Christ-like and shouldn't for that reason call themselves vicars of Christ.

4. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I believe that all public figures with power are misleading in a way, that's what they do, so in that sense it's true, but on the other hand I feel he has a good heart too.

5. In the running

In the running Well-Known Member

You know what's funny? Take the word "religion" out of this conversation and everyone would agree that a lot of what he says makes sense. It just goes to show how religion can bog things down and slow the pace of any progress we wish to make as human beings.

He's a good guy, why can't people just leave it at that? Why is that not good enough?

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Because he is a religious leader. Most Catholics believe every word the Pope says. So being a good guy isn't enough when so many people look up to him. Everyone is entitled to his opinion but such opinions just are — opinions and should be presented as such.

7. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

He definitely is and these are the end times so it's to be expected. Also that so many people are deceived by him and worship him. He's a fraud.

8. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

Not everything someone says is true many people should keep that in mind.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

True but it's gets harder to question the veracity of everything that is said if one has been brainwashed. Just look around: Adventists, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Catholics they all are brainwashed and any lies they hear afterwards won't be identified as such.

10. GiveMeStrength

GiveMeStrength Member

Let's not deny the truth. "In 2013 Pope Francis assured all atheists, people of all faiths and "sinners" that they would all get to heaven."

He certainly said that.

"IMHO, there's no reason why the Pope should be lying to anyone unless their [the Catholic's] version of Christianity is entirely different."

And you'd be absolutely correct. Never mind that every single church church established on planet earth has been sold out, lied to or willfully lying to others, this is I'm afraid, is the norm now. It's all designed to make a mockery of Christianity, and it's working.

Why would Atheists ever be allowed into Heaven? Doesn't the Pope read his Bible? Can't change it, add to it or take away from it, so why would it be allowed? It won't. If you don't know him, he'll just turn around and say "I don't know you either"... We know this.

So thank you Rainman for doing your best to speak truth to power. I'm a former Adventist. Yet you and I both know that the only lesson we need to learn (and teach!) is that Jesus is the way, and the only way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016