The power of advertising

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Corzhens, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Can you imagine a product that has nothing inside but being sold because of popularity? That is the premise in our advertising subject in college. According to our professor, a merchandise can be sold faster with advertising. And to prove his point, a salesman can sell refrigerators in Siberia with the proper use of advertising.

In real estate, it is mostly the advertising that controls the sales. Getting common here are sales staff who distribute flyers and leaflets of condiminium and housing villages to mall promenaders. It is like forcing to our throats. And what's good is that those real estate businesses are flourishing... just because of dynamic advertising.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Advertising most certainly can get you some positive results but there are no guarantees that anything that is advertised will be bought. That's why I think instead of spending money trying to find customers, you should let real estate agents do all that work. In the end you might make more money than you would if you sold the property yourself.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think a lot of advertising is aimed at the people and who would be interested in buying a product instead of promoting the actual product itself.

Every product needs some form of advertising, but a lot of porducts rely on the popularity aspect and aren't to concerned about the actual quality.

A good salesman can sell anything to anybody, no matter how good it is.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Advertising in general is a great way to get your name out there - to make people aware of you, your company, your products, and perhaps a bit about your competitive advantages when it comes to some products and services. It can be a great tool for steering people your way if you're in a high-demand profession.

In my particular niche of my chosen industry, advertisements don't work all that great TBH.

I have had very good luck in the past with advertising properties I wanted to sell in hot real estate markets.