The "Professional Tenant" from Hell: BEWARE ALL LANDLORDS!

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by Stacked, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Franco

Franco Member

Horrible, horrible stories I've heard. It's like trying to rent to a group of rats sometimes.

2. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

I'm disgusted by it, but I'm sadly not surprised that someone has found a way of doing something like this to be honest.

3. LindaKay

LindaKay Guest

Oh my goodness, I read this same article a little while back! I can't believe that one person is able to get away with that for so long. I do know a lot of people who will rent from one landlord for a year or so and then move on because they get so behind in their rent or their landlord won't extend a new lease to them.

4. FivebyFive

FivebyFive Member

None of this is shocking to me. If there is any way to work the system, someone will find a way. However, after working in real estate law, I've noticed that these kinds of people aren't as plentiful as one article would have you believe. They are a rare breed but when you do find them, watch out.

5. LindaKay

LindaKay Guest

That's true. I think it would be a miserable life to live, actually. Constantly dealing with threatening calls, emails, etc. from landlords, constantly getting served papers for court dates, constantly having to move, constantly having to worry about people calling your references or looking up your record, etc. etc. etc. It sounds like a life of misery to me, honestly.

6. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

Before giving property on rent you must know all the information about a person like
    where he used to live beforer
    where does he work
    Ask his identity., etc

7. mmmaske

mmmaske Guest

Background check. Always background check. Hire someone to dox the potential tenant, or learn to do it yourself if you have to! Knowledge is power, and as the landlord, you gotta have knowledge over your tenants.

8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I had a similar neighbor when I was a kid, they paid for two months and they stayed living there for almost one year until they were evicted. Paying to the owner was the hardest part though.

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Talk of the devil in flesh:mad:...how does that guy live with himself?...no remorse whatsoever! he thinks the world owes him...shame on him for his disgusting under-handed behavior. I still wonder why the governing bodies in Newark are so lenient when it comes to this man's case!

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  10. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Thank you..for thy wise words...had the a similar embattlement with a tenant, had to drag him to the councilman..our area has different rules in concern to landlord and tenant partnerships...came to a justifiable agreement, thank God he is vacating soon, some tenants are from ....!:mad:.