The Reality of Divorce

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Eziospick, Sep 25, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Guest

I think less couples are making an effort to compromise and work things out and just opting for divorce though. Yes there are cases when it is absolutely necessary as no compromise can be reached or one spouse is just morally a bad person, but a lot of divorces are happening when they don't have to.

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I really don't believe in counseling, what does an external person has to do with my marriage? I feel that counseling is just a business, I'm not even sure if they want to help.

3. wulfman

wulfman Guest

It could be a money making ploy yes but in some cases a lot of couple may use it as a last resort.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I always put the "prenup" issue out there up front very early on so that there are no misconceptions if things do get serious down the road.

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Agree with you on that Peninha...am not married but i have gone for counseling before because of certain stresses that had stormed up in my life but its a complete sham...i' ve actually gotten help from praying by myself than telling someone else my issues to help me out...

6. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

It is so sad that people have to think like that these days. My fiance and I have been together over 10 years now and still have not signed any papers. We will eventually, but we are happy with how life is. I have kind of the opposite worry right now in that if something were to happen to me right now, there is little he would actually be entitled too and that needs to get fixed.

7. wulfman

wulfman Guest

I think sometimes things can be worked out but people opt out for whatever reason. I wish couples who had kids tried harder though. But you have to be logical about it too. Sometimes separation is better for the kids if there is that much animosity between husband and wife.

8. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

People are too quick to get divorces these days and I am sure it has something to so with the fact that both men and women work now and can take care of themselves. My fiance and I have been together for 11 years now and still have yet to get married. We have been through ups and downs over the years, but have managed to make it work.

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Kudos Rosyrain in that regard {11years!!}...congrats, i just had to help a couple in our neighborhood that got into a rather heated up brawl and the husband knocked out the wife out stone cold because of a petty disagreement, seeing that makes my heart boil and my feet cold...well they did settle their differences and all is good, am not in that bandwagon yet {marriage}...sometimes you peep over the picket fence and you can't help but wonder...What will happen when i get there?!

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I've been through a divorce and I've learned my lesson, both people in the relation must want it and be able to compromise or else the relation will have no future.