This is outrageous! How it this even legal?!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by 111kg, Oct 10, 2015.

1. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I think the cost of university education is too high anyway. It's not supposed to take you your whole life to pay it, we're raising children in debt if we continue like this! I can't believe the government is punishing students who owe money and it's not even with big banks or capitalists! Apparently Bernie Sanders has some sort of solution to this so I'm hearing him out more than Hillary these days. I'm so tired of hearing of her e-mails too.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Bernie's "solution" will bankrupt us.

3. AnDaughtery

AnDaughtery Guest

I think they should have to wait until you get a full time job to pay back loans. We need our drivers license to get jobs so it would be redundant to take these away to get their money back. I know first hand how hard it is to pay loans back when you barely have money for the rent.

4. horse

horse New Member

We wouldn't have this problem if we would decrease the military budget and subsidize the university system like in Europe. In Oregon and possibly other states they have passed legislation to make community college free (not sure what kind of income restrictions are involved here). Revoking or suspending driver's licenses sounds as hairbrained as jailing fathers who cannot pay child support - a regulatory "paradox".