Thoughts on Bush's Endorsement?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Jeb Bush a few days ago endorsed Ted Cruz. His dismal performance in the primaries however suggests that his endorsement may be of little value to Cruz. I could be wrong though. What do you guys think? Will this endorsement give Cruz the boost he needs to stop Trump?

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I think this like Bush's campaign was missed by many. I doubt it will make much difference, particularly as he has waited so long to endorse anyone, and the endorsements seem to all have some selfish motives in them in regards to the GOP. I think it's more the delegates that have the pressure rather than the public votes now.

3. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

I think that I wouldn't even consider endorsing Bush himself let alone someone that Jeb endorses.

4. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Hmmm.... I think it will probably make a difference in small-potato numbers, but nowhere in the area of getting ahead of Trump.

5. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Active Member

Whatever, Ted Cruz toppling Trump and winning the GOP primaries mean people choosing a lunatic to replace a madman. Both Cruz and Trump are vile people with some seriously self-destructive policy proposals that'll surely push the US to economic devastation. I would've preferred if the whole GOP endorsed Rubio rather than Trump or Cruz, but seeing how he has given up without garnering any sort of real support or endorsements, at this point I simply don't care...

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Pardon me for saying this but I don't think the support or endorsement of Jeb Bush will not matter much in the way things are going in the Republican race. It seems to me that Donald Trump remains unbeatable and he is poised to square it out with Hillary Clinton in the November elections. Knowing those politicians who would not deny a winner (it is difficult to be with a loser) I think they will opt to be with Donald Trump when the dust of battle clears in the Republican fence. They will rally behind Trump instead of being a traitor.

7. petesede

petesede Guest

It doesn´t matter at all. He had no support, no following at all. He would have been better off doing what Romney is doing, campaigning for Kasich in some states and Cruz in other states. For instance, Kasich looks like he can win PA, so both Romney and Bush should have been in PA campaigning for him, meanwhile campaigning for Cruz in Wisconsin where it looks like he can beat Trump. And they both need to be in California, because if Trump takes California it is over.

8. eddiemoneys

eddiemoneys Well-Known Member

Jeb Bush's endorsement may only serve to hurt Ted Cruz's chances more than help them. If I were running, I wouldn't want the mojo that Jeb Bush brought to the elections or rather, didn't bring. Cruz would be better off with any other candidate's support. Jeb Bush had to beg people to clap after he was done speaking. I'm not sure that anyone wants that kind of reputation or type of reaction following them to the polls or the final moments before an election decision is made.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

As the OP said himself, it just goes to show how little people actually listened to Jeb Bush in the first place as his own poor showing was a bit of an embarrassment really.

People didn't listen to him then, so they're certainly not going to listen to who he endorses and if I was Cruz I'd be worried he's having a negative impact rather than a positive one!

10. explorerx7

explorerx7 Guest

This endorsement of Cruz by Jeb Bush will not be of any great significance to the outcome of the Republican nomination race. The horse has already bolted (Trump will be a clear winner) so Bush's endorsement will only be an exercise in futility.