Thursday 5th: Asian markets doesn't like Fed

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by WaveWage, Nov 5, 2015.

1. WaveWage

WaveWage Well-Known Member

Janet Yellen announced that the interest hike at December is a "live possibility" to the extent economic data supports the hypothesis. Fed only needs the economy to continue at the current pace to pull the trigger in December. And this perspective isn't pleasant to Asian markets, which is eager for stimulus everywhere and doesn't want a all a stronger dollar for them.

Well, expect Japan. Japan did a good score especially because of the jump of the stronger dollar, with $1 = 121.65 Yen at the time of writing. While, Australian major banks all gone down with miners struggling with falling prices.

The numbers, now:
    NIKKEI got +1% or +189.50 pts at 19,116.41 pts. Hang Sang Index is at 23,051.04 pts with -0.01% or -2.53 pts. Shangai Composite is at 3,524.26 pts with +1.87% or +64.62 pts. KOSPI got -0.16% or -3.36 pts at 2,049.41 pts. Finally, ASX 200 is at 5,193.00 pts with -0.94% or -49.30 pts.

2. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I hope that interest rates don't go up, because I don't want to pay any more for my mortgage than I am currently. getting the things that you need. It is one of the many options that you are looking forward to. These are the options that you need that you need the things that you are looking forward to. It is one of the options that you need.

3. WaveWage

WaveWage Well-Known Member

Inflation is more often a pain than a chance to the workers and to the customers in general, because it means price increases while wage doesn't especially increase, even if efforts are done to stop this unfair cost of living increase (but not the inflation, meaning they agree on the inflation, but not especially on the fact people get poorer every year, in fact lowering consumption of products). But you can't only take it from that point of view.

The interest rates are currently at unexpectedly low level. Yes, if it increases, you're going to pay more for it, especially if the loans aren't fixed. But the weaker dollar isn't a good news in my opinion. Not at all.