Time For Hillary To Panic?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Sep 13, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://edwardklein.com/who-can-beat-hillary-2/

Ed Klein, formally with the New York Times, has excoriated Hillary Rodham Clinton in a number of books in recent years. In today's column he opines on who may be the best Republican candidate to challenge her presumptive presidency.

At this point, frankly, I would support anyone in the Republican camp who could take out the cackling Alinsky-Cloward-Piven progressive that should be under federal indictment for the email security violations. Incredible!

2. phoenix2015

phoenix2015 Well-Known Member

To the chagrin of the Republican party that initially had their hopes on Jeb Bush, you may be right. What started out as laughable to most this last summer (Donald Trump announcing that he is running for President and offending people left and right) has turned out to be force to be reckoned with. Hillary Clinton has a very impressive resume, but she is a politician, and Donald Trump has awoken an anti-politician sentiment in a lot of Americans.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

This is not the first time this statement has been made. Can you name some specific accomplishments she made as a US Senator (2001-2009) and Secretary of State (2009-2013)?

4. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Trump is one of the few Republican candidates that can take blue collar Democrat voters away from Hilary, and this is a big worry for her team. Plus, no one's been talking about the Dems this election cycle - it's all been Trump, for better or for worse.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

6. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think Hillary is doing just fine. She is the leading contender for the Democratic nomination and I don't see where she has any credible challengers. I mean Sanders is popular but probably unlectable and Martin O'Malley seems like a good man, but is failing to gain any traction...Biden didn't enter...so it looks like relatively smooth sailing for Hillary. I am not crazy about her and we should be able to do better...but she beats the Hell out of the GOP clown car in my opinion.

7. petesede

petesede Guest

I said this before. For the democratic party, the BEST thing that could happen is if the liberal media does cover Trump. If you believe the liberal media wants to get Hillary elected ( and they do).. the best thing they could do is cover Trump´s racist and lunatic remarks while ignoring the email and Bengzhi issues. In 6-8 months when the actual presidential election starts, the two scandals following Hillary now will not resonate at all with the American people who will see them as ancient history. I already think that it is only the right-wing Republicans who care about them now, but give it another 6-8 months and nobody is going to care about them. Meanwhile Trump keeps saying crazy things that makes more and more moderate Republicans disgusted by him.

If you think the media coverage of Trump, and the media ignoring Hillary is a good sign for Republicans, I think you got it wrong. They know what they are doing.