Time to let go of a friend?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Jan 16, 2015.

1. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I believe everyone knows when it is time to let go of a friend. I believe when your heart says it, you must definitely follow it. I am sure a lot of people would never be happy with some of their friends. Hence it is better to let go of them

2. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

Being upfront is childish. I'd stop associating with them as much. When I do come across them I'd be civil. I'd just be happy to know I found out their not loyal to be honest.

3. mattattack

mattattack Member

If you really value the friendship you should calmly explain to her that you're concerned about x, y, and z, and you're hurt, but you really want to move beyond this because you really care about this person. Be honest and frank, but don't go into it looking for a fight, make your approach 'i have this problem, and id really appreciate your help in resolving it'

4. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I would not want to be like them, so I would confront them let them know what is up, then quit being friends, that way they would know exactly why I stopped being friends with them.

5. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

I don't think I would associate with a friend if I found out they were saying things about me behind my back. That is not a true friend and I don't need a person like that in my life. Yes I would also confront the person but not fight because it's not worth it and then I'll leave.

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I have had friends...in fact recently i have been having these flashbacks of people i have associated with/bonded with in the past...who in the end hurt me so badly, i just backed off slowly and when they looked over their shoulders i wasn't there no more, in fact most of them track me down, seeking to reconcile, yes, i'll listen to them, and i'll tell them we are cool but that part of my life is past, so we just can't be...some people belong in your past, others in your present and others way into your future ...one just needs to scrutinize the difference :)

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I see your pain dianethare I too thought that the people I was associating with were trustworthy and they were not. I just cannot fathom why people would call you a friend only to betray you in the very end. Friends aren't always wonderful so sometimes you have to find the happiness in you.

8. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

How can you really value the friendship of someone who doesn't value yours? They can't if their talking behind your back.

9. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

It is very important to let go of a friend. I do believe that it cannot be done in any other manner. If the friend troubles you then it is better to leave them.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I agree, friendship is based on mutual respect and consideration and if this is not happening we are just better off alone and look for real friends.