Tobacco industry

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by crimsonghost747, Apr 15, 2015.

1. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

It really depends. Some people smoke e-cigs and vapes just because. Some people who had previously smoked try to use e-cigs to try to quit, and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Many of my friends have switched from real tobacco to e-cigs... sooo many of them. So yes I primarily see it as a way for people to "quit" smoking, though they aren't really quitting are they? Just switching to a less harmfull version. I have no doubts that it is the opposite for some people, first e-cigs and then moving to real tobacco, but I think this is the minority.

3. AtlantaSports

I guess what I am trying to say is that I would not invest in them anyways because I really understand that they are not going to offer a product that is going to benefit humanity. In fact, it is really just going to diminish the health of the common people, and that is basically like someone choosing to have to endure a slow death for an unreasonable price.

4. AtlantaSports

A good of my friends use vape pens and e-cigs. A lot of those people are just doing it because they think that it looks cool, when in reality, it is just water vapor coming out of your mouth, and you kind of look like a tool. It does not really do much for people who have never smoked before. I understand if the person has smoked previously and they are trying to quit, but people doing it just out of sheer boredom kind of irritates me.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Haha, good way to put it. Then again... isn't that exactly the same as with normal cigarettes? Young people start smoking to look cool but.. well end up just looking like idiots burning their money away.

6. AtlantaSports

I guess you have a point haha. A lot of people go to tobacco for stress relief as well, but that reasoning is much less common among the teenage crowd.