Today's The Big Day!

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JR Ewing, Nov 8, 2016.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

As I write this at just past 10:00 PM PST, Fox has the electoral votes 254 Trump, 215 Hillary. Pennsylvania with 20 electoral votes is, amazingly, still in play. It looks like the Trumpster has won. Looks like GOP will control both Senate and House.

3. JR Ewing

Yes indeed! The last time I remember being this shocked was when Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson nearly 27 years ago!

Lots of suicidal leftist elitists in media, Silicon Valley, DC, Manhattan, and even on Wall St.

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I have been so disgusted with the election MSM nonsense that no listening to or watching news, or reading tweets, since last Saturday. We went out last night for a very l-o-n-g dinner. Frankly I thought Clinton would win, and the best we could hope for is a Republican Congress to effect a stalemate. Surprised the heck out of my wife and me when I looked at the 5:30 am news this morning.

Good SCOTUS won't go transformational progressive liberal anytime soon. Cruz for the Supreme Court? He would be a good choice. Maybe we can begin to fix this country.

5. JR Ewing

I agree that Trump would be smart to appoint farther right guys like Cruz or Mike Lee for SCOTUS - good for the country in practical terms to have that balance on the court, and it would be wise for Trump politically to appease the far right wing of the party in doing so.