top stocks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by MakeDollarsSense, Oct 3, 2015.

1. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

What do you think are the best stocks to invest in as of today October 3, 2015? I've been wanting to move a little bit of money around. I have some money on an online trading site. Any useful tips would be appreciated.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Is this a serious question?

3. turt

turt Guest

Depends on what you're gold is and how long you plan to hold your money in a stock. For a long time investment, oil stocks are great opportunity right now. You just don't know when oil will spike again. VDE is a good ETF for that area.

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I personally would be investing in disposable medical supplies and paper products. With an agng population, stocks like Kimberly Clark and some of the other stocks that deal with makers of disposable medical supplies can be one of the options that you can use. It is simply one of the best ways to make money on stocks I think. Just my opinion

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Many of us talk about what we own, have owned, are considering owning and why, etc here. Read up!

Start reading - "The Intelligent Investor", "How To Make Money In Stocks", and "Beating The Street" are good places to start.

Learn to use a stock screener to find stocks that have favorable characteristics.

Diversify.

Dollar cost average if you can - try to put a fixed amount of money into your account each payday. Max out your work plan if you have one that is halfway decent.

Consider an IRA/Roth - particularly if you don't have a work plan or if the plan is not a good one for some reason or another.

Keep up with what is going on via publications, tv, etc - WSJ, Marketwatch, CNBC, Morningstar, etc. But remember that once news makes it onto the air or online, it's usually too late to try to "trade" it. Use current events and info to learn about things you can research for yourself for your longterm individual plan.

Think mid to longterm with most or all of your money.

If all else fails, buy an index fund.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I'm liking the big telecoms and some of the REITS. Also JNJ & AAPL seem to be not-so-badly valued.
    My money for the month will be going towards one or more of those.