Tourism targets by terrorists

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Alex, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I really hope you're right to be honest because these morons are ruining the whole region and to ruin Egypt would just be horrible.

2. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will be able to get back on their feet eventually. It'll take some time, but it'll thrive again.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

With another attack in Paris last night, it affects not only the tourists, but all the locals too. With a state of emergency declared that means no one can come in via the Channel Tunnel, fly in or any ferries. All those on a weekend city break cannot leave the hotel and all the shops should remain closed.

How safe is Paris now? After the attack earlier in the year and the hostages taken in a supermarket, you have to consider Paris to be a target and this is twice this year the city has been attacked.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

After the events that unfolded last night, I think this thread as become even more relevant now.

The problem is, what happened in Paris could have happened anywhere and it's events like this that just shows that nowhere is safe.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

France... well let's just say that this has been on the table there for a long time. All the experts saw it coming, a lot of us (foreigners living there) saw it coming... this is not a surprise to most people. And more will come... maybe not today, maybe not this year... but sooner or later more will come.

I moved out a year ago. Very little to do with the security situation but that too had it's small part to play.

6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll return back to normal. People get over things quickly. But this is why people should carry protection. :)