Trade On The Go!

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by Moon2, Sep 3, 2014.

1. hft-developer

hft-developer New Member

The point is..

Mobile trading apps are good for:
    1) Ohh sh***t when news breaks and you need to close position
    2) For picking up girls at a high end bar
    3) For believing in terrible stock tips for the "insider" u just met at the bar and regretting ever buying that penny stock
    4) For all of the posers who think traders make trades from the golf course or tennis courts - and not in front of 6 monitors and a shit ton of expensive software

2. egrocket

egrocket Member

I love this app! It really only use it in emergencies, but I love having the security when leaving my house. I feel okay not being near a computer. Before, apps I would be too worried that I would need to trade a stock quickly and not be able to.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I can't be bothered sitting at a desk or carrying around a laptop with all the annoyances of a short battery life. My high-end LTE-capable Samsung tablet runs for 10-12 hours with active use, and I just toss it into a car or onto the coach in the family room. I find the Bloomberg Business app is as good as any to keep up with breaking news and looking at Asian and Futures markets before falling asleep at night. When driving, I'll listen to CNBC or Bloomberg (via SiriusXM) and Twitter feeds using The Social Radio app on the smartphone. Having the toys around is handy when I'm bottom fishing in market down days. The tablet and phone squeak upon receiving watch alerts.

I'll use the broker's full web site, via the tablet, to do research for watch list candidates.