Trading Between Different Markets

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by micanti, Feb 13, 2018.

1. micanti

micanti New Member

Hi there,

i'm still a novice in financial markets, therefore i have the following question.

I've noticed that the share price of the same company but in different markets can differ. The question seems to be obvious. What would prevent to buy a share in one market and sell it in a market with a higher price ?

I guess it is a tax issue...but is it an issue for all cases ? what about frankfurt and stuttgart for example.

Thank you very much for any info !

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

3. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

In theory I totally agree but the speed at which computer buy/sell programs are able to spot an arb position and trade it in the blink of an eye makes it almost impossible for the investor on the street to make any money these days. Fine margins but institutions are able to bet big money on these to make decent money. Done correctly they are risk free trades but they dont always work out that way!

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Such situations may be more likely to occur when there is an unusual short term move in one of the currencies, or when the two different currencies move in opposite directions.

There may be a short term selloff of stocks in the region where the currency has suddenly spiked, and more money may flood into the stock markets in the region where the currency has weakened.

But of course these differences do tend to be relatively small and short lived.

5. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

True, there may still be opportunities in the future - e.g. less frequently traded ADRs when the underlying stock moves and markets take a while to click on. However, they are becoming fewer and further between.

6. kirtimeliwal

kirtimeliwal Senior Investor

Large profit requires large trade and If you want to make great profit profit then you need to trade accordingly. Various risks are associated with trading. Hence, you need to have patience and good trading skill so that you can avoid the chances of risk.

Commodity tips
    Stock market advisory

7. hniresearch

hniresearch Member

The answer is itself hide in your question. There are different types of market where an investor or trader can do trading. These markets may be bull normal, bull volatile, bear normal, bear volatile, sideways quiet and sideways volatile etc. Among these markets, some markets are downward moving market, while some are ranging market. All these markets have different features.

8. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

So you are suggesting taking advantage of local market conditions to trade shares which are listed on more than one market? I suppose the perfect scenario would be one local market tanking while the other, where the shares are also listed, is very buoyant?

9. Brentwood

Brentwood Senior Investor

The key is to understand how it really works and who is right to work with. I was losing funds to a broker and by the time i realised it, i had already lost $52000 which was over half of my savings. I met a friendly trader and she directed me to the recovery agent Mr Bart Kasch. He helped me recover all my money, every penny. Referred him to friends and colleagues already, you can contact him if you need help at [email protected]

10. Brinnuss

Brinnuss Member

I don't think it will work fine.