Trump Campaign Theme Song

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteakTartare, Nov 29, 2015.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

This article kind of cracked me up. Trump's campaign asked for, and received, permission to use Twisted Sister's 1984 metal anthem "We're Not Gonna Take It" on the trail. For those who may be unfamiliar with the song, here it is with lyrics:

[video=youtube;hppzuyYA43I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hppzuyYA43I[/video]

;)

2. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I can think of plenty of other songs that would be more appropriate for Trump, though that would probably portray my thoughts on the guy.

I guess any band that gives permission for using their songs will forever be associated with the specific politician. And although he gets on well with Trump on a personal level, it still seems quite strange that the singer permitted its use given that he does not agree with the man's politics.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

It's amusing to say the least, but I think it maybe down to copyright and money handed over for the use of the lyrics. Trump can afford it and maybe royalties are not as forthcoming as they used to be?

Does he really even need a song, and what message is he portraying to the electorate? He's made so many gaffs recently and the media has highlighted them, but still he makes them and no one stops him. That's not a good role model for a President.

4. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want my song and band to be associated with him and that is the way it would be. The song would be forever linked with Trump and his campaign. I can think of a few choice songs I would pick for him and this isn't one of them.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Did anybody see the fat Trump impersonator guy with the wig and all onstage with him recently? The guy pointed to his wife in the audience, and said that she liked her husband's Trump impersonation. Trump then suggested to the guy that his wife must like him impersonating Trump when they're intimate, and that she fantasizes that her hubby is actually Trump. :D

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Omg really? I never seen that. I will have to see if I can find it anywhere!

7. Ohh22

Ohh22 Member

Trump is a very blunt, harsh human. He has little to regard for others. He wouldn't bother to tighten up security, so he just bans Muslims. I'm not sure if he'll make president. It would be interesting to see how his plans play out.