Trump or No Trump? What Do You Say?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Ohh22, Dec 30, 2015.

1. petesede

petesede Guest

Nice point, we should probably think about putting the oil and agriculture industries under the control of the department of homeland security. ( joking )

I just disagree though, the best way to strengthen ourselves is to have a competitive market economy, not have the gov´t over pay Iowa farmers to produce stuff that isn´t being eaten or use, just because they are an early primary state. Farmer´s need to decide what they need to produce based on the economy and market prices, not based on which crop gets a bigger handout from the gov´t.

BTW, anyone catch Rubios dig on Cruz about voting for ethanol subsidies ( Iowa ) this year, for the first time. The greatest myth is that people think these are family farms, they are not, they are large corporations no different than Wall Street corporations that hire tons of lobbysts to get these subsidies, and they blackmail people every 4 years because Iowa is first to vote.

2. nytegeek

nytegeek Well-Known Member

You may be correct about the spending, but the constitution doesn't seem to support your argument about national defense. National defense is only one of the responsibilities of the federal government from a legal standpoint and I don't see in the constitution that it is more heavily weighted than other federal responsibilities. At least not to the point where defense is the primary and or only thing the federal government is for. I don't think we should decrease the defense budget first or do it just because we need to decrease overall spending, but I do think every dime in every department should be under some scrutiny. There is waste in the defense budget even if it isn't the worst or even the first place to cut.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. nytegeek

Yeah, and he is leading in the polls so you may want to rethink your statements about the odds of him getting the nomination. Yes, he is a joke to many of us that disagree with his antics, but apparently a lot of people actually think that way as scary as that may be. As for the actual race after the nominations, I don't know after this. We shall see.

4. Ohh22

Ohh22 Member

I think if Trump gets elected, it's going to start wars. Multiple wars! He wants to eliminate Arab countries and border off the United States to countries he doesn't like such as Mexico!

5. nytegeek

I don't care for Trump, but please don't just spout stuff that you can't back up. Sources and actual quotes please or I call BS on your post.

6. petesede

petesede Guest

Just remember, not a single vote has been cast yet. I still think there is a good chance that this was a democrat-liberal-media ploy. Trump has been saturated with coverage, and this has basically been a wet dream for democrats because all of the moderate Republicans are being overshadowed by the media coverage of Trump. Cruz and Trump are unelectable in a presidential race, they will have a much smaller electoral map than Romney.

since the last election, Florida and Ohio have both registered twice as many democrat voters than Republicans (about 200k to 100k). Hillary is going to have a huge ground game in those states. And this really needs to be emphasised, Trump has no get out the vote drives in place, he doesn´t have the huge grass-roots that Hillary will have.

As far as Cruz, you have to remember he is not very popular in the Republican party. For instance, in 2012, Romney outperformed Cruz in Texas. That means that more people voted for Romeny than voted for Cruz. A significant number of people voted for Romney, and then voted for the democrat running against Cruz. And that is in Texas..

The final thing is money, and I had a thread about this. many of the big money guys on the Republican side have already publicly said they are not going to fund Trump, and probably Cruz, they will sit it out and try to beat Hillary after 4 years. The Wall St and big business guys are much more comfortable with Hillary than Trump or Cruz. Cruz is the one who hijaked his own party a few years ago and almost caused a gov´t shutdown. Wall St money guys hate that kinda crap. Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall St, even if they don´t like some of her liberal views, they know their money will be much safer with her than with radical republicans.

We will see in Iowa, I will admit if I am wrong, but I think Trumps numbers are an illusion and he will lose Iowa by 10 and then the polls will change radically after that.

7. Ancient350

Ancient350 Banned

70 years old U.S President ??????

Tags: