Trump parts ways with political advisor after debate

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by adwilk1218, Aug 9, 2015.

1. adwilk1218

adwilk1218 Member

Apparently, after Donald Trump's comments about Fox's Megan Kelly having "blood coming out of her whereever", he has parted ways with political advisor Roger Stone. Stone states that he made the decision to resign weeks ago, and that the comments made about Megyn Kelly were not an impetus for his departure, but merely a sign of the problems with Trump's campaign. Despite leaving the Trump campaign, Roger Stone vowed to stay active in the 2016 presidential race to prevent "another Bush or Clinton in office".

Source: yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-parts-ways-with-political-adviser-126201438431.html

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm dying to see the next round of poll results. :D

3. petesede

petesede Guest

If nothing else, Trump makes August politics a little more interesting. And hopefully he makes things crazy enough that the guy I am pulling for, Kasich somehow gets noticed by voters. One thing we learned last time around, Reps are definitely willing to go through each of the candidates and give them their moment of momentum. I would take Kasich over Clinton, Bush vs Clinton is still a toss-up for me, probably leaning Clinton because of the Rep congress. Clinton definitely over Trump. That is just my pecking order at the moment. Would be nice if Kasich gets the nomination just so I can go back to being a Rep for 8 years.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Dont care for Kasish at all. Not sure what his principles are other than growing government. He talks like a left winger. Compassion is great. But it shouldnt be measured by how generous you are with the publics money.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Trump is too emotional and jumps the gun to often. He flips out at little comments and sends tweets in retaliation. I think he will get the Republican vote to the primaries out of popularity. It's either him or Jeb Bush, which we really don't need ever again. Say no to Bush and a Clinton.

It is a clear indication that Trump is not a stable person to work with, hence the reason why his campaign staff is leaving because of his irrational behavior and cry baby mentality.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I heard a rumor that Trump just re-hired Andrew Dice Clay - as a political advisor this time. :D

[video=youtube;LA9BfJOmk20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA9BfJOmk20[/video]

7. gmckee1985

I believe that Donald Trump's 15 minutes of political fame are just about over. I just can't see him holding on to his standing in the polls. I don't get his appeal at all. Hopefully it's mainly name recognition. This whole ordeal has been quite embarrassing for the the Republican Party. Say what you will about the Democrats but I doubt they would ever tolerate someone trolling their parties nominating process as Donald Trump has.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Firing his political adviser won't change things much. It was only a matter of time before Trump started losing momentum. While yes it will take a little while before he is cut down to size the signs of his fading popularity are beginning to show. Some political analysts contend that the poll results don't matter — at least not this early.

9. gmckee1985

Roger Stone, the guy he fired, has always been a bit of an odd ball in Republican politics. He claims to be a libertarian but supports Trump? Doesn't make much sense to me. Hes also written some conspiratorial books and is a big Richard Nixon fan. Not a fan of Trump at all. But I doubt this firing will effect his campaign much at all.

10. petesede

petesede Guest

He is about as small gov´t as anyone in the group. He is the one who crafted the welfare reform act in the 1990s.