Trump petition crashes government website

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Alex, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The government website where there is a petition to ban Trump from entering the UK crashed the website. I saw this early on and while the UK government have 'condemned' the remarks made by Trump, amid his claims that parts of London are radicalized and the police are too afraid to go in some areas, that have no validation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-to-reject-republican-candidate-a6766446.html

Any petition over 100,000 signatures allows; "Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate" and currently there are 244,004 signatures. It will be interesting to see the official response.
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003
    [HR][/HR]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

LOL! I take it our friends across the pond are not a big fan of The Donald. Well, don't feel too bad, there are a lot of folks here in the Colonies that aren't real hip to him either. If nothing else, he's controversial. ;)

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I think it is marvelous. The liberal media does their collective best to torpedo the @realDonaldTrump and his poll numbers go up. The MSM don't get it. If nothing else it makes for some interesting fodder in the coming months. It would otherwise be rather boring. Giddyup.

4. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

How would this work if Trump became president?
    Would that not kill UK/USA relations?

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

They are sure, I'm certain, that Trump won't be president of the USA so banning him from traveling to the UK will in no way affect UK/USA relations. Question though is will all this make the GOP unite against Trump?

6. anders

anders Well-Known Member

The chancellor has already said that Trump won't be getting banned anytime soon from Britain.

But isn't it ironic - the liberal hordes are calling for Trump to be denied entry because Trump said he'll deny entry to moslems. That's like saying you oppose murder, and to prove it you're going to go out and murder someone. Liberal logic LOL!

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I find Donald Trump very controversial and somewhat intriguing with his tactless pronouncements. But I am also intrigued that he has solid followers and I believe he can win the elections hands down if it is held today. So let’s give it to the guy. UK people cannot vote for him nor for his opponent anyway. Maybe what his detractors could do is to put up their own website and get more petitions against him. That done, they can say that Trump is done as far as they are concerned. But still that wouldn’t be a factor in the election, I guess.

8. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I doubt he will get banned, but I just am interested in the official government line on this, because the government has to respond. In addition the BBC has reported the following;

I doubt he will be President after what the White House has said too, but even when Trump does come to the UK, I don't think he will be welcomed. I'm sure he doesn't care about the above, but a good politician should care about what others do think, especially on an international level.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think what's annoyed the UK people most is the comments made regarding London and the fact that the police, and even some people are running scared and he's got no foundation to his statement.

I live in Manchester in the UK but I have friends in London and I can safely say that London, no part of the UK is gripped by fear as Trump is leading people to believe.

10. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

That's a dangerous game.
    We should all be prepared for President Trump.
    Mark my words this man will become president.