Trying to make sense of the USD/JPY

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by SamClemensMT, Jan 3, 2015.

1. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

It looks like the yen wants to strengthen versus the dollar, but it can't get any traction. As the EUR/USD starts to correct the USD/JPY aught to be right behind it with a correction of its own. That would make a doubly nice gift for me as I'm long the EUR and short the Yen. We'll see what happens. My fingers are crossed tight.

2. daveM

daveM Member

Turbulence in Europe may delay your move.... Much uncertainty at this time.

3. mithra

mithra Guest

New to forex trading so I don't know, but what are the factors that usually affect currencies in this case? Since the EU's problems are continuing and Japan seems to be having debt problems of their own (not to mention an aging population), do those things affect the way the Euro and Yen fare in regards to the US Dollar?

4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

The yen has been trading sideways for a month now. Could be just the holidays. I'm not to sure what to make of it. The trend has been long for a while now, but this sideways market is making me leary. Somethings up, so watch for trend change soon. I'm watching all of the USD pairs. When they all change in trend, then I'll reverse my orders.

usdjpy.jpg

5. SamClemensMT

Watch out here it comes! The USD/JPY is about to reverse and the EUR/USD is decelerating. Just as I predicted you guys. That train may not come when you want it to, but it's never late.

6. SamClemensMT

Rule number one two, and three don't get emotional about trading. The monster wants to eat my lunch, but I'm not panicked because I know his chains not long enough.
    The market will correct before this month is over.