Turkey Shot Down a Russian War Plane

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Sanctions are one thing, but they seem to be forgetting the bigger picture and why the planes were there; to bomb Syria and IS. Fighting among one another detracts from the ultimate aim, to rid the world of IS and Turkey were foolish to do what they did. On borders things are always controversial and that's where some IS members may hide out because they know it will be less likely bombed.

2. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I smell something smelly, like there's something shady going on. It seems like a ploy to me. Maybe Russia just wants to enter Turkey and needs a reason? Turkey said they didn't know it was a Russian plane plus there have been mixed reports and Russia seems to be on edge these days-- getting involved in Syria and what not. In any case going to war is going to cause terrible consequences, I hope this can be solved peacefully.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

There's no way that Turkey didn't know it was a Russian plane, that as got to be BS right there and another reason not to trust Turkey.

So Turkey are in the habit of shooting down aeroplanes are they without identifying them? So does that mean for all they care it could have been an American or British plane they shot down?

4. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

That sounds like complete bull. They reported a few days ago that they knew it was a Russian aircraft, and now they are saying they didn't know?

It really sounds like Turkey is digging itself a deeper hole with this one...

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

There is no way to 100% indentify the nationality of the aircraft apart from a visual confimation. ie. being super close. The more advanced radars will show the type of the aircraft, Su-24 in this case. Funny thing is, Syria also operates these aircraft. So that much for actual identification.

Then again, seeing them on the radar I'm sure the Turks saw them coming from far away... probably all the way from Russian airspace. And they obviously knew that Russia was conducting bombing missions in the area with these aircraft... especially since (according to Russian sources) they share flight info with the Americans. All of this makes sense though.

So yeah. Definitely seems like it's Turkey screwing up big time.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Is there any doubt Obama is a totally unqualified hack?

[video=youtube;6Y9oVC-mGW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9oVC-mGW8[/video]

7. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

There is no doubt in my mind that the present POTUS is a grossly unqualified hack. And the disaster that is his foreign policy makes a buffoon like Carter look almost Churchillian by comparison. Provided Hillary is not the president-elect, I can't wait until 1/20/2017.

8. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The Turks have been monitoring this action for years now, so they did know, but don't have to prove that they did because they wish to be seen as the victims here. While other countries want a peaceful resolution, Turkey has declared itself hostile, and because it is in NATO, it has dragged all those allies into it. It would be unprecedented for a NATO country not to back another, but it seems may things are changing in this world.

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

As expected Russia has confirmedtthat they will put turkey under some economic sanctions. It was inevitable and certainly will cause problems for turkey in the long run.

10. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I can't say that I feel much sympathy for Turkey at this point in time. It was a stupid move and as such it's cost them financially and will likely hit the countries economy in some way or another.