Twitter Users Call For Negotiation With ISIS

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

There are a number of anti-war people on Twitter who are calling for negotiations with ISIS as if that would change anything. The terrorists have no intention of negotiating with anyone. Such ridiculous ideas makes one wonder if these people even know anything about ISIS and their goals. Even if you are one of those anti-war people would you support something like this? Negotiating with ISIS after all they've done?

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Negotiations only work if both sides have something to gain and are willing to concede somethings. ISIS wants the world to adhere to their beliefs, so that isn't going to happen, what they want is not possible, therefore you can't negotiate. It's not like a war where land is involved and you can create a border and divide it, thus is about people and how they choose to live and you cannot force humanity change how they choose to live.

Those who think negotiations are possible are deluded, and I would say that they need to understand that in order to negotiate, the other side must want that and they don't. They would literally rather die.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

How are people supposed to negotiate with people that are determined to cause destruction and commit murder in order to get their own way?

Is it not people like this, people who want to bow down and talk to ISIS, try and change the way we behave in order to accommodate them, that's got us in to this mess in the first place?

4. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

So they want to negotiate with a group who wants the world to recognise one religion and to slay those who do not believe? Yeah, lets negotiate with them, what could possibly go wrong! :rolleyes:

Some people...

5. Sandy2870

Sandy2870 Member

Remember Chamberlen, he negotiated with Hitler

6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

It's funny that they're even trying. Well it's actually pretty sad because they're tired of seeing the violence. But you have to understand what a joke it is that they're even on twitter in the first place. They're government controlled.

7. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

As much as I do not support carpet-bombing campaigns, I don't think we can negotiate with these people.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

"The only thing infinite is human stupidity."

What more is there to say? Obviously negotiating won't do any good but there are always some people who think it's the right thing to do because it's peaceful and kind etc. I wonder if they would still be like this if it was their children who get killed in a terrorist attack.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I had read in one forum a post that indicated the principle of ISIS - that those who do not believe in their religion should be beheaded. So what is there to negotiate with ISIS? Is that principle going to be discarded upon a diplomatic negotiation when the ISIS themselves have said that their stand (on their religion) is not negotiable? That's the main reason why they are building their own caliphate, only the pure of heart who strictly follow their religious practice are welcome. That is also the reason why some idealists join them.

10. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

All these people that are anti-war and want negotiations have something called democracy; a thing that IS don't believe in, so they want to negotiate to lose their freedom? If an anti-war protest or office got bombed or attacked, I wonder how they would react to that? I wonder if they have emergency procedures if there are bomb threats and what would they do if terrorists confronted them and held them hostage? Would they still feel the same way or not?