Two in one laptops/tablets

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Paul, Jul 21, 2014.

1. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

If you want a budget 2-in-1 you can get the Asus version of this tablet/laptop. The cost is low, and you have the tablet and touchscreen capability you are looking for. Check it out on Amazon.

2. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

I have the Surface Pro 2. I use it every day and LOVE it.

My father just got a Surface Pro 3 and it's even nicer than mine.

Good buy for sure!

It's a REAL CPU with REAL hardware, not a giant cellphone like most tablets.

3. TheRealChris

TheRealChris Member

From reading all of these replies, a two-in-one laptop sounds pretty neat! I'd probably not spend that much money on one, though. I mean, I could buy a netbook or chromebook for a few hundreds and an iPad Mini for $229. It's okay to have them separately rather than together! Also, I could buy my first car with the type of money they go for. I mean, old cars are pretty good starters, and they're super cheap!! Plus, they don't look like junk.

4. joebel

joebel Member

Personally I don't have a need for any kind of tablet. Just a normal desktop/laptop would be good for me.

5. Power Post

Power Post Member

I don't have one, but I think the idea of a two in one laptop/tablet is pretty cool. Maybe if one came out that could do all of the things a regular computer does I would buy one. Right now they just seem to be like regular tablets with keyboards.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I keep wanting to get a Chromebook, the concept is very good but I keep wondering whether it will hold up if I ever want to do something a bit more intensive than internet browsing and using Office.
    For example, could it handle something like Photoshop or a video editor?

7. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

No, and I'm not willing to do it anytime soon, because I simply don't want to spend important amounts of money on ephemeral stuff.

8. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Chromebooks at the high end could I think, but they're still meant for rather basic things, like you say, browsing and office. A video editor is a maybe

9. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

I looked at them when it was time to get myself a new computer but I decided I would wait until the technology was a little older. It's so new there haven't been any real reports on stability or how long they last. I would hate to drop that kind of cash on something that was just going to break within a month or two of getting it. I feel like the connections could go bad pretty easily and I would just end up having to replace one or both of the pieces. For me it's just not worth the investment over the traditional style. That and I don't really like tablets to begin with. Once the novelty wears off they are kind of useless.

10. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I am really not that much into new tech, if something is working I usually don't change it. If I had an offer though... :D