TWTR Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by TheTradingAnalyst, Jul 21, 2015.

1. TheTradingAnalyst

TheTradingAnalyst New Member

Look for support at 35.50 and a breakout over the 36.50 resistance should send it to 40.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think the best thing they can hope for at this point is a takeover. I made my money on this one when I bought it at $30 after the lockup period, then sold it a few months later well over $53. :D

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Looking for Twitter earnings later today. Hope they are not too dismal, but I am not expecting much. In other possibly related news, Google Plus is toast. Not soon enough; I thought G+ was useless and annoying.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-google-plus-failed-2015-4

First and immediate thought: as Arnie Johnson used to close Laugh-In, very interesting... this is exactly why Google needs to buy Twitter. Wouldn't hurt to be taken out with Google stock at a decent premium. :)

4. coloradogy

coloradogy Active Member

I think JR is right. Twitter has never posted positive earnings until today and the forward P/E ratio basis sounds more like a prayer. My opinion is next quarter TWTR's earnings go red again but I was wrong on AMZN. I always believed Amazon was a lame duck. Proved me wrong. Hope for TWTR shareholders that the positive earnings are interpreted the same as AMZN's positive earnings and gives it more than the 5% boost it got today.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I decided to grab a little today after seeing it get beaten down so much - just a nibble... If it goes against me, no biggie.

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I would double down here to but I'm out of ammunition unless I violate my internal rules of using household cash or selling winners in hand. I'll let my lots ride for now. The problem is clarity in showing peeps hoe useful and useful Twitter can be. Some persons think Twitter and Facebook are similar, but that's a wrong conclusion for so many reasons.