UAL Information? Good Choice?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Kate, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

When I started my post yesterday about watching the ticker, I saw that UAL (United Continental Holdings) was the top gainer. Well there it is again today... up 5.10... 12.73%.

I'm going to investigate why UCH is trading as UAL :rolleyes: first of all for my own knowledge, but beyond that, is this a good stock to watch? And is there a better or more promising airline to watch?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like they reported a good quarter. If you owned it going in, you made $. If you didn't already own it and are considering buying it, it may be a good idea to wait a day or 2 or several - stocks often swell up like this on news of a good quarter, and often (not always) pull back over the next few days.

Personally, I stay far away from airlines myself. Too much risk and not enough likely reward in the risk / reward ratio for my tastes.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

If UAL is good then what is the price for one of their stock shares? Hopefully it is not too expensive like $400 per stock. I would not be able to afford that in one sense.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

I would hold off buying until the stock dips. This is the summertime, and they have met everybody's lowered expectation. Then their fuel, jet fuel, in still increasing. If it is still at a lowered price in the middle of September, then but lots of it.