US and India's Relationship In a Strain

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Aug 5, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

So the United States and India will be working together soon. The problem is that the U.S. controversial surveillance program stands in the way and has India wary of working together with the country. I wonder why an intrusive program is in effect. I see it as distrust and deceit is responsible. Yes, I understand terrorism must be monitor to prevent atrocities but I see this program in America as an invasion of privacy. In these type of affiliation between countries there is always complications because each party is self-interested. The US is a very upfront and strategic nation, the U.S. controversial surveillance program is simply their mean to ensure security and control.

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The US want to mess with everything, want to control everything, but huge nations like China and India simply don't put up with these sort of behavior.

3. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

I think this surveillance problem is just smoke, possibly covering up something bigger. We all know "America", even Americans like me. Who is really surprised America has been monitoring other country's leaders? What do you think spying has been about all of these years? In the past they used agents. Now, they use agents and technology.

All the major countries are involved in this spy business. The problem isn't just with the US. I'm sure England is spying on India. And who knows how far Russia's reach is. The difference is we got caught in the act, and increasingly more information is leaking out to the public. This is after all the age of information ;)

If a simple newspaper could spy on the royal family in England and hack phone calls, what do you think national/international intelligence communities around the world can do?

That's one of the reasons each country is intent on keeping their technology up. Falling behind means, others will be able to penetrate their technical walls better, just like how we can penetrate other weaker country's.