US and Iran become friends, How could one make money out of this

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Amin, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Amin

Amin Guest

Hey all, As you all know Iran is a rich country, massive oil and gas supplies to other things like their carpet, Saffron and other things...
    and there is a huge chance that the sanctions will be removed (they're holding meetings) so what's your thoughts, how could one seize the opportunity?

2. johnalan

johnalan Guest

By blowing up Iran.

• Like Like x 1
  3. petesede

petesede Guest

Betting on low oil prices would be a start.

I do a lot of research on oil tankers.. companies that are hired by big oil companies to transport oil. The initial gut reaction would be that with Iran bringing their production to the world market, there will be more demand for ´my´ tankers. But then you look a little deeper and realize the state owned oil company of Iran has their own fleet, so that will be a wash. There could be slightly more demand for tankers because Iran´s production is going to keep pushing prices lower, which should increase demand and production. ( people buy more of stuff when it is cheaper).

Really though, the easiest way to play this is to bet that oil prices will stay below $60 or $70 for the next year. There is just so much production going on right now and most of the world is having only slow but steady growth, even China.

4. Q8Fire

Q8Fire New Member

US has realized the importance of the role of Iran in promoting stability in the region and realizing as well that confronting Iran with economic embargo has not brought any positive results. With dangerously merging of ISIS (US once admitted its creation of ISIS by Hilarry Clinton) in the region with realization that it could spread to West, US want to cooperate with Iran and perhaps with Syria since they realize Saudia Arabia is no longer able to achieve US objectives in Middle East along with Isreal.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think we're stupid to make any sort of deal with them, and extra stupid to give up anything to them or give them an inch on anything.

They will lie and do whatever they can to benefit themselves. I think the price of a barrel of oil or how to somehow profit from this (if you even could) is the last thing we should worry about. Worry about them and others in the ME getting nukes...

6. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Pretty much this, but it's become so obvious their Fox News channel won't be able to hide it for too long, haha.

7. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Maybe the USA can start getting oil at rock bottom prices? More competition to buy oil from? If that holds up to be true wouldn't that bring down oil prices or at least keep it stable.

But by aligning ourselves with Iran we alienate Saudi Arabia. Saudis hate Iran for internal reasons.

8. Amin

Amin Guest

You know they can say the exact same thing about US too, you're not considering that Iran is quite an influence in the middle east and US needs Iran to bring peace to the region and when that happens they can expect stability on the reign and safety of Israel and oil supplies...

And how do you know Iran's making nukes? just because the media says it? I think the west is more concerned with Iran having multiple nuclear sites all over their country rather than actually making nukes...because you know when a country is full of nuclear sites..you can't risk bombing it and that gives Iran a huge advantage specially over other countries in the middle east that are US puppets...

9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Yes Iran has oil that we need here in America, but the bottom line is that America needs to wake up and be more innovative so that we don't have to depend on oil. There are electric cars out there and I realize this, but they are still not economical for many of us.

I like to take road trips and an electric car would not suit right now because there are not enough charging stations out there. If there were more, and we had the ability to charge our vehicles in the same amount of time that it takes to fill the gad tank, we could minimize our use of oil and not be so dependent on it. I too do not trust we could have a 2 way relationship with Iran.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

You sound like an Iranian sympathizer. Have you ever gone by the name "Casper" by any chance?

I get it - you're pro-Iran and anti-US and anti-Israel, and probably muslim.

You're entitled to your opinions, but you won't find much agreement with me. I do not trust my current government nor our mainstream media, but I trust Iran even less.