US Leads The World In Government Requests For Facebook Data

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Nov 13, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think if people just maybe thought about what they're going to post before posting it would help. I don't see how a person can put a status on a social media site and then complain if it gets attention. Surely that's why they put it on there in the first place?

As soon as something is put on a social media page, then it's out in the public domain and people can do what they want with it as far as I'm concerned anyway.

2. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

I think it's sort of messed up, but agree that most people don't have anything to hide. Now if they start trying to harass or attack people that put up opinions on the governments status quo and the like, then I would be completely against that reasoning of requesting for data.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think when the government does request certain information there should be a valid reason for the request and while I'm not entirely convinced that every request will have a legitimate reason behind it, I'm not sure that refusing access to your data will do you any favours in the long run anyway as then it LOOKS like you'll have something to hide, even if you don't.