Valeo Intriduced some ideas to watch at Paris Motor Show

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by My401K, Jan 11, 2015.

1. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I am actually excited about some of the features Valeo SA talked about at this years Paris Auto Show. Besides the in car filtering system which I have felt was long overdue they talked about a virtual key system that could change the automotive industry more then we could have thought. I know cars have keyless systems now, and I guess some car have smart phone capability to help you in a lock out. What Valeo was talking about is a system where the key is virtual and can be transferred virtually if you wanted someone to be able to use your car. Can you imagine the value of this technology to the rental car industry? I think this is going to happen and it is going to be huge. I will miss my keyring.

Here's some information released by the company at the show. Very interesting ideas, a car that parks itself! YES
    http://www.valeo.com/medias/upload/2014/10/32387/paris-motor-show-2014.pdf

2. troutski

troutski Guest

It sounds like a technology that could easily be abused, though, and I'm sure that will happen. Those are still some intriguing ideas that will likely become mainstream sooner rather than later. I'm not a huge fan of stuffing cars with tech because I'm more of a rugged vehicle, big engine kind of guy. Still, keyless entry and the basics make me happy while I'm driving.