Veri - Veritone, Inc

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by fireopal, Sep 22, 2017.

1. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

[​IMG]

Veritone, Inc., a cloud-based cognitive software company, develops a proprietary artificial intelligence platform for various markets in the United States and internationally. Its cloud-based open platform integrates and orchestrates an ecosystem of cognitive engines to reveal multivariate insights from various amounts of audio, video, and structured data; and incorporates proprietary technology to manage and integrate a range of AI processes to mimic human cognitive functions comprising perception, reasoning, prediction, and problem solving to transform unstructured data into structured data. The company offers media agency services, including media planning and strategy, media buying and placement, campaign messaging, clearance verification and attribution, and custom analytics to manage, deliver, optimize, verify, and quantify advertising campaigns and content distribution for various clients across multiple channels comprising broadcast radio, satellite audio, streaming audio, broadcast and cable television, digital video, and podcasting. It also provides Software-as-a-Service solutions for media owners and broadcasters to automatically index and organize audio and video content to search, discover, and analyze their media for programming and optimization; political organizations to analyze public and private media, conduct research, and provide access to previously inaccessible data; legal professionals to find the critical details of their cases by storing, organizing, and analyzing evidentiary media; and police and other government authorities to organize and gain insight from the large amount of audio, video, and structured data they accumulate on a daily basis, as well as offers solutions for other markets, including commercial security and retail. The company was formerly known as Veritone Delaware, Inc. and changed its name to Veritone, Inc. in July 2014. Veritone, Inc. was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Newport Beach, California.

Company website - http://www.veritone.com

O/S=14.96 M
    Float = 6.1 M
    Institutions = 8.69%
    Insiders = 24.37%

2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

This was a disappointing IPO back in May that didn't do much of anything - PPS and vol went south after 2 days. Was shocked to see jump in August and even more shocked again this month so finally took a position today with a tight stop loss just in case b/c very extended etc. Already green and might sell if i can pick up shares under my current $51.45 but doubt i will get anything near August prices any time soon and did not want to miss any more big moves :)

3. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

That is one huge change in sentiment! Move is on the back of decent volume as well. Brave person to trade this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

^^ brave or stupid b/c was jumping into a stock already up & over extended big time and pre was not looking good at all which had me coming close to selling for 4 cent profit BUT that women's intuition thing kicked in and i got a very strong feeling to wait so trusted that inner prompt & very happy that i did. :) Was hoping to get an even $10 today and should have exited @ $60 but got out with an almost $8 dollar profit & will see what it is doing on Monday.

5. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

I think we will see consolidation at lower levels and then I might take a look at the fundamentals and see what the future holds.

6. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Agreed, this will start to look more interesting once the current volatility has disappeared and the price is based on real fundamentals not blue sky valuations built on hope value?

• Like Like x 1
  7. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  8. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

It was always going to be volatile but it is not the end of the road just yet!

How unprofessional for a research house to tweet their views on the company? If smaller companies like Veritone can make themselves a pain in the backside for the larger companies they will simply buy them out. The trick is surviving and then prospering in the longer term. I would not write this one off just yet - we may see another sell-off tomorrow but at some point I have no doubt it will be chronically oversold.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

^^ actually worked out real well b/c caught some $39's and not selling them now even though it was hard this morning but getting tired of jumping in and out so have stop set :)

Veritone Surges 10%: They're the 'Real Deal,' Claims Roth - http://www.barrons.com/articles/ver...06693177?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Veritone Expands Relationship with iHeartMedia and Now Provides Advanced AI Solutions to Over 200 of its Broadcast Stations Nationwide - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/veritone-expands-relationship-iheartmedia-now-130000594.html

Note - back to say that was very late to trading this morning (Tues) so sell was triggered but happy with profits & back on watch for another entry.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  10. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

The shares appear to be bouncing off the trend line just now - going to be a very interesting few days with the shares currently priced at $46.68 @ 3 October 2017