Verizon: A Solid Dividend Stock

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, May 27, 2014.

1. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630 Member

Verizon is really a great company, however I don't know how good it is as a stock. I wouldn't really invest in them. Perhaps you could give it a try, but be careful.

2. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

There are a lot of stocks in the NYSE market that are worth purchasing, Verizon is such one, over the years, from 2000-2014, there has been a constant increase in dividend payouts from Verizon, in addition to that, they have consistently paid four times a year! Ultimately, the stock price of Verizon is predominantly very stable. With all that being said in short and simply words, I would advise anyone who is looking to invest in stocks to invest in Verizon, we all see that Warren invested in Verizon, which really indicates that the stock is doing well and has the potential to do better, Warren doesn't waste time and money as we know, and if he invests in something, it makes business sense. The telecommunications industry is one of the most trusted industries worldwide and will not go obsolete.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Well from the looks of it I would just stick to buying Microsoft stock and maybe McDonald's stock. I am certain Verizon is still strong and would be for maybe six more years varying on the circumstances. Verizon has some pretty good stock and if those prices are stable then you would not need to worry about the fluctuation.

4. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

I have owned Verizon stocks for a couple of months now. In my opinion it is a stable stock and pays decent dividend which is good income source.

5. twinsmommy31

twinsmommy31 Active Member

I have always known Verizon to be a consistent company with great steady growing numbers. I should put a little into this so that I can have slow and steady growth. I feel its a smart move.

6. twinsmommy31

Verizon seems to always be consistent with their growth in the market. I may want to take a share of this stock. Strong earning potential; only to get stronger. I should have seen this long ago. I would have consistent earnings right now.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Verizon is a very strong company. They know how to adapt and innovate and stay ahead of the curve in the cell phone market. They continue to dominate the competition and I don't see that changing at any point in the near term. I'm definitely a buy on this stock. A strong company that shows no signs of slowing down. I look for good growth from them into the future.

8. twinsmommy31

I am very impressed with what I have learned about Verizon's growth in the market. I have recommended other buy a little stake in this company. It only seems to be getting better with time.

9. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Verizon is a good bet, it continues to grow and it seems to be steady.

Tags: