Views on Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Sandra, Aug 14, 2015.

1. gravityfighter

gravityfighter New Member

two of my seizure meds cost 20,000 per year. Anyone that thinks big pharma will allow the Feds to legalize something that can be grown in the back yard, to treat seizures, is fooling themselves. Too much money at steak for the pharmaceutical companys to loose. It doesnt matter what the state says if the Feds wont allow it to cross state lines. Lobbyists win, you LOSE.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Alcohol and cigarettes are illegal to be sold and used by minors, but they still use it. So what is the correlation to Marijuana? Marijuana will be used no matter what. Drug enforcement agencies can't stop it, neither can the regular police. If you make it legal to use it will be on the same platform as alcohol and nicotine. Alcohol and nicotine kill more people everyday then Marijuana does in a month, hell oven a year.

Taxation is the issue and the USA made it a crusade to villify pot as public enemy number one back in the 1980s.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Though I think some of the claims of efficacy are suspect, I don't give a rip if adults use marijuana, either medically or recreationally. Provided, of course, it is done responsibly, and I'm not picking up the tab for people who can't or won't work. If someone does the stuff in the privacy of their own home, it isn't my concern. If they are an idiot outside of said, then it becomes a problem.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

There is a proposed law here passed by a congressman named Albano to allow medical marijuana. With that motion 2 weeks ago, he is now deluged with anti arguments. That is one problem of our country - hipocrisy. Maybe due to the influence of the Catholic church so people here are conservative or should I say trying to give an impression that they are conservative. Even the divorce bill had encountered a stiff opposition at once. But look at the couples here, having children without the benefit of marriage. Just hypocrites.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Good point about some of the "health benefits" being suspect... at best. But still, I'm with you. If it helps, medically or even just makes people feel better then why not? It's not nearly as destructive as some of the legal substances such as alcohol... Also a lot of people are worried about "pot heads doing stupid stuff" but just think about how many alcohol related crimes we see each day.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree that if someone is using marijuana for legit medical reasons, or using it responsibly for recreational purposes in the privacy of their own homes at their own expense, that's their business.

7. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think medical marijuana should be available nationwide. There are many benefits that are available for people. It is one of the otpions that you many are looking forward to. It is something that should be available in controlled clinics that the states and feds can make money on. Make cetain that you get the options you need with medical marijuana.

8. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

It is probably one of the safest drugs out there and the fact that it is illegal is simply political. The fact that most prescription medications are so much more dangerous than marijuana makes me wonder why there is any debate that it should be legal. Not to mention that cigarettes and alcohol are both legal and cause a lot more problems both in the legal arena and personal health than marijuana ever has or could. There are no documented cases of overdose on pot, but almost every pill prescribed by doctors have killed someone.

9. Sandra

Sandra Active Member

I agree, there are other prescription drugs that can have severe side effects. Yet, these are legal and prescribed daily. Moderation in use and the correct dosage I think is key.

10. JoeTneal

JoeTneal Member

Legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational purposes. It can't be as bad as alcohol or cigarettes, can it? Of course, if you use marijuana, you should be responsible with it since it does alter your mind-frame while your high. But it does have some use in the medical industry. If legalized, it could bring more money into the industry also. I believe there are some good properties of marijuana. A lot of people just don't want to believe that it could be used for good.