Views on Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Sandra, Aug 14, 2015.

1. spaceboytaylor

spaceboytaylor Active Member

I think that it should be totally legal to use marijuana. It's already been proven to be less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol, and I don't see those things even being considered as possible illegal substances. Of course, just like with anything else, too much marijuana can be a bad thing and I agree, but if that's the reasoning behind banning it, then food should've been made illegal years ago.
    When you think about it, the country could actually gain a lot from the legalization of weed. Taxation would bring in a lot more money to the government where it's really needed, legal vendors would decrease the number of criminal organizations that are selling and lose a income source, and a new popular recreation item will open up plenty of new jobs in the industry of producing it.
    I don't really see much negative about it other than outdated understandings and anti-drug campaigns in the past.

2. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

In my opinion, there are too many benefits and not enough drawbacks to medical marijuana. They should legalize it federally and tax it. We could use some of the tax revenue for social programs we have been already funding while in debt.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

We could better use the tax dollars to help pay down the $19 trillion debt. We already spend 2 thirds of our money on entitlements. Where is it gonna stop?

4. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Most prescription drugs are a lot worst then pot, I don't see any drawback to having marijuana legal for medical reasons.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

The discussion about marijuana will continue to run and run, but the fact is that the authorities have for years been saying how harmful and dangerous it is, but now all of a sudden a lot of states are legalizing it, or at the least decriminalizing it so it makes me wonder why the sudden change of heart?

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

I guess they are starting to come to the realization that they were either wrong or they were not be very truthful.

I have yet to hear one good argument as to why it should remain illegal (medical or recreational.)