Volkswagen is Recalling 800,000 Cars

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by gracer, Mar 28, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

For those who own a Volkswagen vehicle or who knows someone who owns one, here's the latest news on the German car company. Volkswagen is recalling 800,000 vehicles all over the world because of a possible foot pedal problem. The vehicles affected are VW Touareg models dating from 2011 to 2016, and Cayennes made by the group's Porsche brand.

Here's a link on the related article:

http://news.sky.com/story/1666500/vw-recalls-800000-vehicles-over-pedal-fears

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Aw, very bad timing for their reputation... They aren't even in the clear yet for cheating on emission tests. Kudos to them for admitting their mistakes in both instances though. Whatever happened to their motto about reliability? Tsk, they better clean up their acts and resolve this fast.

Thankfully, there is no reported incident of any accident even with the faulty foot pedals. It should be mandatory that all models from those years are tested though. If an accident does happen, other vehicle and people might be affected. So I'm glad as well that they are taking the initiative to call out on the owners.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  3. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member

The whole emissions fiasco was the far bigger hit to their brand. This is only pouring salt into the wound. I always like the Volkswagen brand, but I don't know where they go from here.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Guest

Well I have to say, the company sure has taken a bit of a beating in the last couple of months when it comes to the news. I know that the public opinion cannot be too high, which is pretty unfortunate because I always considered Volkswagen to be one of the brands that I trusted. I am sure they will make a turn around though, they just have to...the Jetta is just too great of a vehicle.