Voltari

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by JR Ewing, Apr 25, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone catch my posts on that in the thread in the penny stock forum?

Basically, it was one of those RARE opportunities to profit heavily in the short term on a low-priced stock without much of the usual high risk associated with buying such companies. Some BIG smart money recently bought the majority of the shares (which caused the initial jump), and is likely to have them auction themselves off to a bigger tech company. They were below $1 less than a month ago, and are supposedly worth somewhere around $16-17 on paper due to an unusual tax situation.

I started buying a little on 4/2 @ $2.31. Sold some when it jumped up above $4 the following Monday.

Bought quite a bit when it sold off some 15% the next day at around $3.80, which was about where my cost basis ended up being.

Bought more at ~ $6 a little later.

Sold it all (several thousand shares) last week around $20 on its way to $21.75. I doubt they'll fetch a price that high. I'd retire right now if I could be assured of getting one of these every month. :D

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Well done. Now be ready for the questions of all the penny stock enthusiasts in here asking you about the next stock like this! :D

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The best way to find these things is to just keep up with the day to day financial news and SEC filings, watch each day's biggest gainers and losers, etc, then make a move with a few bucks at the right time when a real opportunity presents itself on such an occasion.