Warning to on wayward tenants

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by Corzhens, Dec 9, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

You really have to know who you are renting to, and have to do background checks and so forth so you know who you are reing to. It is just one of the tings that you need to do hen you are renting to people when they are unknown to them. Sometimes people are different than they appear. Hence the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover." I think it just makes sense to do a background check to avoid the situation you were justing talking about.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

You are right on that - sometimes people are not what they appear to be. But there are people who are good in disguises especially those who have the gift of gab to fool you by convincing you that they are a good tenant. And then later the regrets will come when the landlord discovers the mistake of renting out the property to the criminal. Well, it boils down to a background check and no exemptions.

3. anders

anders Well-Known Member

The inherent risks involved in letting property just boggles my mind. I admit I'm biased on this topic - you'll see if you read my other comments here - but I know too many scare stories to ever do it myself.

The fact I was a bad tenant myself in my younger days also mitigates against me ever wanting to let property. But if people can make it work, good on them.....

Tags: