Was Donald Trump Really A Successful Business Person?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by gowiththeflow, Dec 4, 2018.

1. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

There is much speculation as to where the wealth of Donald Trump actually came from with some articles suggesting it was family money. However, there is no doubt he has been bankrupt, risen again, bankrupt and risen again so is it fair to class him as a successful business person?

2. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Under all of the stupid mannerisms and comments he is no fool - but his PR skills leave a lot to be desired. I personally think the US economy will do well on the back of DT in the longer term. Trade tarriffs are causing problems but why should the US be the dumping ground for surplus stock to the detriment of US businesses?

3. gowiththeflow

It is looking more and more like the end game will be impeachment for DT - that would causing rioting on the streets and could be seen as an afront to democracy. Love him or loathe him, he was voted in by the people and would appear to have the US cause at his heart. This legal investigation is getting closer and closer to the president and he is starting to feel the heat :(

4. fxstreet

fxstreet Senior Investor

Yes of course, he is a billionaire even before becoming the president of the United States. And like every other business men there will always be moments when things didn't go well with the business, and they sure do know how to bounce back.
    That's the spirit needed in the markets.

5. gowiththeflow

Hi @fxstreet

I agree with you. DT is no fool but I do not understand why he seems intent of flying closer and closer to the flames with this investigation into links with Russia. He seems to have a death wish!

6. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

hmm, could say much on this subject but will keep most of what i have read to myself. However, if you consider a good business person as someone that racks up bills and then tends to leave folks holding the bags etc, etc then yes, he is a great business person!

Know i'm very interested to see the outcome for the case surrounding the decades of family tax fraud because he is right in that the statutes of limitations have run out at the federal level for anything that goes back i think it is 6-7 years but this does not apply at the civil level lol

7. fxstreet

fxstreet Senior Investor

You know something, I feel that these so called top men in the world have some kind of hidden impunity from the law. Even when we are told otherwise, they still get away free from their crimes.

8. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

very true and think it depends on the top man though but double standards apply here for sure!! Tend to avoid political sides and for obvious reasons but really cannot believe they impeached Clinton for gross abuse of power over ML/cigar!! lol

9. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Oh the cigar saga! :)

I see the net is tightening on more of DT's associates. I hope for his sake that the latest one does not squeal as much as his old lawyer did!

Seems inevitable they will get DT in the end? They just wont let it go. Looking at the situation from the UK, I doubt DT has been anywhere near the most corrupt President in the history of the US - as many are making out. His main problem is that his mouth seems to be one step ahead of his brain lol

10. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

@longtermbull Have been aware of DT and some of his stunts long before he opted to throw his hat into this arena, and based on what i have read/heard, he is not that smart and makes up for this by surrounding himself with smart people and too bad he doesn't listen to them!! Additionally, good thing he wasn't pres when he took out full page add calling for the death penalty for the central park 5 back in the 2000's which i remember because they would be long gone and that DNA evidence that cleared them would mean nada!! Not to mention, making threats to your fixer attorney that are now public record seems to confirm many other stories from way back that also indicate just how dumb our mafia wanna be pres really is imo.

And unlike the rest of us that would probably be locked up for the rest of our lives, i think he will be given an ultimatum and be given the option to resign so that he can slither away with maybe a slap on the wrist etc.

back to add >> smart or just a man with some serious psychological problems that is like leaf blowing in the wind lol

“You’ll find that when you become very successful, the people that you will like best are the people that are less successful than you, because when you go to a table you can tell them all of these wonderful stories, and they’ll sit back and listen. Does that make sense to you? Always be around unsuccessful people because everybody will respect you.” (De Pere, Wisconsin, March 30, 2016)

“I surround myself with good people, and then I give myself the luxury of trusting them.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“My motto is ‘Hire the best people, and don’t trust them.’” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Surround yourself with people you can trust.” (Trump: How to Get Rich, 2004)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
Tags: