Water Stocks?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Rainman, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Salauddin Morshed

Salauddin Morshed Member

Water is a daily necessities commodity. The stock water company is the defensive stock. So, investment in the stock of Water Company is a safe investment. Also, in Bangladesh water companies are controlled by the government. So, investment in Water Company is a profitable and safe investment for the long term.

2. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

I would definitely invest in water stocks. Water is an indice in the assessment of the quality of life. However, it would depend on the zone that the company is operating. Areas with water scarcity are prime targets of water companies and their stocks frequently appreciate when a geological survey locates huge underground water deposits and water use intensive companies scramble for their quota. An additional assurance is that water stocks are not likely to fluctuate much in my opinion and are therefore a safe bet.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

So why is it "I would" instead of "I did"? :p

4. puru rama

puru rama Active Member

Stock Symbol Company Name Dividend Yield
    MSEX Middlesex Water Co. 2.02%
    CWT California Water Services Group 2.00%
    YORW York Water 1.74%
    SJW SJW Corp 1.47%

5. rakhi

rakhi Active Member

Only the best Water stocks remain always good long-term investments, water investments is the best investments.Water stocks have been long underrated.
    Forex Tips

6. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Investment in utilities such as water stocks is often seen as a “safe haven” in times of trouble. Long-term capital gain is generally subdued with compensation in the often relatively high dividend yield. Obviously, this will vary from company to company but in the UK this is a summary of the situation.

7. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Well-managed water companies can offer a relatively strong backbone for any investment portfolio with regular income in the form of dividends. Very often price rises and company profits are heavily censored by the regulators but at the end of the day, unless these companies are allowed to make “a profit” they will simply exit the market and consumers will lose out.