What a disgrace!

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JR Ewing, Jul 22, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

It was all over Twitter and Fox News by day's end and the next morning. CNN and MSNBC ignored it, so far as I could tell.

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

This is absolutely disgusting. It is getting the point where it isn't much of a shock these days, though I will say this one is particularly despicable. If the next POTUS isn't a muppet, I can't wait until January 20, 2017 ...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

You'd have thought that with the amount of pressure and negative comments Obama is getting at the momont, he'd be doing all he can to stay out of the spotlight and keep out of the public eye for now.

He seems to be doing the exact opposite though and it's almost as if he's goading people, and stirring up trouble on purpose for some reason.

4. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I am sitting here wondering this- SINCE WHEN did Americans need to be told by the President what the appropriate thing was to do with the flag? Through the years I have worked in several locations that have flown the American flag, and I have learned two important things about this. The first being that the flag, the post and the actual display has almost always been done by either a veteran or a scout. The individual that took care of this always cared for the raising, lowering, replacement and destruction of a worn flag, and further more knew when it was proper to fly a flag a certain way. The second thing I have learned is that the older folks, also knew and understood something about using the flag and having some civic responsibility to the Nation. In both of these instances I have never once recalled anyone ever having to be told when half mast was proper, or when flying colors was proper. There was knowledge on what was appropriate for what was happening. It is called civic pride.

I am by no means suggesting that Washington's failure was acceptable, I am just making the point that American's should not have to be told what is appropriate in regards to Old Glory. Somewhere, somehow a very fundamental concept has been lost on the generations. I applaud every single person that knew that half mast was proper!

5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I don't get why an immediate decision to lower the flags to half staff was not made as these were our service men. It makes me sad that had there not been an uproar, the deaths may have not been honored the way they should have been. They dies on our soil for crying out loud.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Bullshit, you don't know what you're talking about.

When "some" people get killed, the flag is flown at half mast right away.

Do you people even watch the news or read newspapers? Do you just make this stuff up?

Do you Obama supporters not think he's capable of any wrongs? That it's always someone else's fault?

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm talking about the White House flag.