What are the most important tip you could give to a beginner?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by SpaceGuy, May 23, 2014.

1. suiac

suiac Guest

Try to learn as much as possible about your future customers. It's important to know what your target is and what you should aim for.
    Do lots of research and try to learn something new every day! Having more experience is extremely important.
    At last, don't give up when you will have your first failure! Keep working and you may have the success you are dreaming of.

2. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

Study up. Learning from others is the best thing that you could ever do. Learn how they have failed, and learn how others have succeeded. Knowing both is important.
    Keep an eye on your finance. Keep an eye on what you're spending, and what you're saving.
    Always have a backup. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Good tips Annabell, if we want to invest our money, first we need to invest our time to know how it works and where to invest. Also, never put your eggs in the same basket, diversification is an insurance.

4. Lasonax

Lasonax Active Member

Trust you gut. No matter what some "professional trader" tells you to do, if it doesn't feel right: don't do it. Unless you are of the principle that you'd rather lose some money while having a chance of winning high, than to go more on the safe route, I would always rely more on my gut feeling than on a "professsional trader". Of course, experienced traders can give great advices and everything, but if someone tells you to invest in one specific stock, and you don't think it sounds very good, then don't do it. Atleast not if you know the basics/some of trading. Even though this person has far more experience than you, he/she may not always be the all-knowing-one.

Read up on theory, do that a lot, read books and articles and whatever you can find... But never completely trust what you read. Always go on your own senses no matter what, even though the theory/books/etc can help you a lot, they shouldn't be the only things that control you.

5. hiddenwolf

hiddenwolf Member

Keep your emotions out of the stock market and do your research. In the stock market you have to keep a level head or you will make mistakes and mistakes usually lose you money. Always do your research before investing in a stock no matter how tempting it is to hit that "buy" button. Information is the most powerful tool you can have when working stocks.

6. firelily99

firelily99 Well-Known Member

This site is where I have gotten the best advice for starting from scratch. A number of the sites claim that they have a lot of experienced people but they really don't. I feel a lot more comfortable with investing due to the great information that I have found here.

7. Spowys

Spowys Member

Wake up early in the morning. Successful people the world round get up when the sun does and start working. The secret is getting ahead of other people.

8. troutski

troutski Guest

Be patient.

That's it. Let's just say I'd have a lot more money than I currently do if I had held on for just a few weeks more with some stocks. Not bitter, but I will never forget. ;]

9. Yudison MB

Yudison MB Member

for beginer, Pls read my simple gold trading set up, no need technical analysis, on twitter @yyudison
    if any question contact me on [email protected], all for free

10. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

I would recommend reading a couple books before getting into investment business, however, those books may be also found online as ebooks. In addition, you should be a patient person, as people here say, investing is same as watching grass grow because you won't see instant results.