What do you collect?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Eziospick, Sep 26, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Nice!...words of the wise i must say, maybe i should borrow a leaf from you and follow suit...am bound to hit jackpot along the way :)

2. yari1123

yari1123 Guest

I like to collect souvenirs from places I have traveled to. I mostly collect snow globes or rocks from the places I have visited. I usually put them on my desk at work to remember how much of a nice time I had and to also look forward to more vacations. I also like to collect T shirt or shorts with the name of the place I have visited to wear as pajamas.

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Well I am a fun of knives, so I do collect knives, that is my best collection.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Cool idea just don't throw them lol. I do not collect knives since I have a mom who does not like that idea.

5. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

I've had a ton of different collections throughout my life. Right now I stick to video games and blotter art but my taste has varied throughout the years. Some of the things that I have collected include model trains, stamps, card decks, DVDs, VHS, liquor bottles, craft beer bottles, and hats. My collecting ideal changes every 6 or 7 months. Lately I have been so busy that I haven't really been able to collect anything. I have a few shotglasses so I may be starting up that kind of collection before long since it's easy and cheap. I have a cousin who collects cats. She inherited a huge house with her husband and they have 13 of those things. "shudder" I hate cats.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

That sounds like they are worth a lot I think in US dollars. You can got to Google to calculate conversion rate from Euro to dollar.

7. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

I used to collect porcelain ballerina dolls and they were my favorite because I was always into dancing in a big way. Right now I don't collect anything anymore because I can't have a lot of stuff at my place. Sometimes having too much is not good so I'm careful with what I have at home. There is no need for me to have a ton of things anyway but it's ok to have a little bit.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I once had that passion of collecting coins from different countries and of different denominations but i run out of luck in that regard so i gave up altogether, but from what you are saying here Profit5500, i should go back down that road, looks like a small investment on the side :)

9. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I collected coins and stamps, but these days I am not a collector. I do sports, work, have kids, so I don't have time for any other hobbies.

10. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I collect leaves. I know it sounds weird but I think they are the best thing on the world. I hope to collect all kinds of leaves. I love the mesmerising shades that are available on the leaves. I think it is the best past time.