What do you enjoy doing to help destress?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Yosh, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

When I get very stressed out I will take my beautiful Golden Retriever, Amber for a long walk. She is a wonderful companion and has a calming affect on me. The walk also has a calming affect as well. My other favourite way to get rid of stress is to meditate. I do a variety of guided meditations with nature and spiritual-style music playing softly in the background. I do this in a quiet room where I can lie down and relax. Usually it puts me into a very relaxing trance. Doing both during the same day has the best results.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While I can see that having a pet, a dog to take for a walk can help, I think it depends a lot on the situation that your in. For me owning a dog would probably add to the stress, give me something else to worry about.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Play with my dogs, work out, read, surf the internets, barbecue / grill, get together with friends, have a few drinks at home or out, etc.

4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I walk around the neighborhood for about an hour. Not a slow walk, I'm talking about walking with a sense of urgency and with a weighted back pack. You spend a lot of energy and sweat like there is no tomorrow. That is the way I relieve stress and get a good workout.

5. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that owning a dog would add stress! Would a lazy dog like a labrador not help? Personally, I don't see how they could add stress to somebody's life, but I suppose to each their own.

6. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Huh, I can see why that'd help. I don't like the idea of a weighted backpack though, they stress me out to no end xD

7. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I watch TV shows, Anime, or movies. Or play games and listen to music that I like. Going for a walk also can hep me.

8. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've always found nice and simple things work very effectively. What kinda anime do you watch?

9. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I usually do something active, sleep, or make music.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I enjoy playing the game Alliance of Valiant Arms to help me destress. Even though I do not have current employment I still think it is a relaxing game to play when you got nothing to do. I just hope to get a job soon this year having no job bites.