What do you enjoy doing to help destress?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Yosh, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

It depends on the cause of the stress. Many times having sex helps a lot, other times just to exercise or to solve our unfinished business. Drinking is another option. :)

2. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

When I feel very, very stressed I usually take an escapade around my local forest and vent out all my inner frustration there. Prolonging the agony in my house really didn't help. :)

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

During the warm summer months I destroys by going on a long hike in the mountains. To me there is nothing more relaxing than being in nature and what it has to offer. When it is cold, I like to pull out a good book and get lost in the story, or work on a craft project.

4. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Alliance of Valiant arms is a really fun game to play! It's been ages since I've played it on steam though.

5. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

A good hike is always great for the mood! The scenery is generally always pretty amazing too!

There's nothing quite like a good book in my opinion. I've lost countless hours in them before. What's your favourite books?

6. Alex Clearman

Alex Clearman Guest

Used to like shopping - a popular therapy, but there's a catch - it makes you spend more than you can afford and you end up with an empty pocket too soon. It causes even more stress and you have to go for the extreme measures (I had to consult a lot with loansmob.com to realise these are not the options). Today I just dance. This is the best therapy.

7. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Dancing is fun! I don't do it much myself, because there is not many places to dance, but I agree with the shopping. I've often spent more than I can afford :C

8. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Actually I don't have a dancing rhythm, so I prefer to do sports or just hang out in the beach. That puts me totally in zen mood. Sometimes being away from the wife and kids can also calm me down. :D

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Watching a hilarious movie does it for me...or indulging in some delicious cookies or a chocolate coated cake helps a great deal...cuddling up with a good book and some hot chocolate works delightfully too :)

10. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

That's always a great option to relax. I'm not sure if it's something you already do, but next time you make some hot chocolate, add just a little bit of salt to it too. I've found it makes a pretty noticable difference!