What do you look for in a Real Estate Agent

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I have dealt with a bad one who was mostly interested in her profit and I will never deal with her again. The one I have worked with in the recent past is genuinely a nice person and is very patient. She will take us out to look for houses knowing that we are not going to buy for at least another year or so. She wants to know what we are looking for in an ideal house and I think that makes her a good person. She is not just interested in her commission and wants to ensure that we find the perfect place to call home eventually.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I'd work with a real estate agent with a good track record. The best way to find a really good real estate agent is to find out from others who have a number of real estate investments which agent they trust most. It's better IMO to find someone [through recommendation] who already has a good reputation rather than try to find out for yourself if that person is OK to work with.

3. westmixxin

westmixxin Member

I need someone who's constantly willing to deal with me. On various scenarios and in various situations I need someone who is costly willing to deal with what I do. I need someone who understands and I'm picky and understands exactly what it is that I want. By finding individuals like this it makes it a lot easier for me to move throughout the process.

4. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

For me, I like an estate agency to be transparent in their dealings with me but mercenary in their dealings with buyers! I have little expectations, I just want the property sold for the best price possible and I am prepared to wait a little while for this offer. SOme estate agents seem to want to offload you into the first bidder, no matter how low that offer is and it gives me the feeling that they just want your house off the bucks. A good estate agent will undestand that people aren't always looking for the quickest sale possible.

Tags: