What do you think about eating ice cream in winter?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 5, 2015.

1. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

Ice cream are so yummy that it can be eaten at any time on any given day. I believe that it can be really helpful if people do not catch cold after having lots of Ice cream. Many people do not eat Ice cream for the same fear. What is your opinion on this matter?

2. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

My parents have ice cream sundaes every Friday night whether it is 90 degrees outside or 30. I just have a bowl when the mood strikes, so yes I do sometimes eat it during the cold winter months.

3. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I do not think that one can catch a cold from eating ice-cream in winter. Besides if one is worried, one can enjoy the ice cream and then have a hot cup of tea right after. Yes indeed, ice-cream is so yummy that it should not have a restriction on when to have some.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I stay away from ice-cream in the winter because I would stay too cold, unless it's accompanying a good hot chocolate cake, yum! :)

5. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I've never given much thought to the season, I just have ice cram if I feel like it. I prefer vanilla ice cream with desserts and chocolate if I'm having it on its own. I never bother with wafers or sauces or anything like that.

6. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

I think eating ice cream in the winter is a great thing and I would totally do it. Ice cream is my favorite so I can eat it all year round. I don't ever catch cold from eating too much ice cream in the winter. It's hard for me to pick a favorite ice cream flavor since I have more than one that I enjoy.

7. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I usually don't have it, but my kids sometimes ask me for one and I say no lol, so I think it's a bad idea, in winter we should try to be warm and not to cool down.

8. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Guest

Ice cream is great anytime and it is not really something that will be giving you a feeling of being cold to that extent. I think that more attention is placed on the flavour in your mouth this time around than on its temperature.

9. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I think it is true that a lot of people prefer to concentrate on the flavours in the mouth but it is also true that a lot of people prefer not to eat Ice cream in the winter. I think a lot of people prefer to eat it in the summer.

10. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I enjoy it in the summer mostly because the refreshness. Winter wants to make me feel cozy inside my home and ice cream is kinda opposed to that feeling. :D