What do you think about eating ice cream in winter?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 5, 2015.

1. fossilizedtreesap

fossilizedtreesap Member

Ice cream is a delicacy. So simple, a mere whisked concoction of milk, sugar, colour[caramel121] and preservative 125, yet also the cure for ugly breakups, bad hair days and midnight munchies. You, reader, deserve some ice cream. Even right now.

See, I'm down in Australia where we are enjoying the middle of summer. I did, in fact, consume some ice cream this evening. But does that make you, probably-US-based investor, any less entitled to ice cream access purely based on geographical, meteorological lottery? Smash that system. Go and get all the ice cream your little frostbitten hands can hold. Actually, you'll be able to enjoy it more because unlike in 35 degree heat, it won't be dripping all over you before you get a chance to embrace the goodness.

Do it for freedom.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I don't mind eating ice cream in winter or chilly days but i always get bouts of cold, flu, congested chest, runny nose...hence i'd rather put ice cream on hold up until summer...i'd rather look for alternatives in that regard :)

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I eat ice cream whenever I feel like eating ice cream. Yeah it does happen a lot more during the summer but also sometimes during the winter, it's just another delicious thing I love to eat once in a while regardless of the weather or season.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

There is not an off-season for ice cream haha. I eat it in the winter a lot, actually, because it does not melt if I am outside during the winter and that's awesome.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

But then the ice cream would melt! That defeats the whole purpose of getting ice cream.

7. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I don't really care if the season is cold or hot. I eat ice cream whenever I feel like it, Summer or Winter or Raining Season. I love Ice cream.

8. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

I don't really mind eating ice cream or cold drinks in winter. Also, on the flip side, I don't mind drinking hot coffee in the summertime. However, i think weather does affect our choice of food, but more strongly with some people than others. Nonetheless, the majority use weather as an eating qualification. Therefore, restaurants and grocery stores tend to profit on cold stuff during the summer, and hot stuff in the winter.

9. shyinvestor

shyinvestor Active Member

It surely can be eaten in winter but if it's eaten in the summer, with the hot wind blowing throught your hairs.. wow that's fantastic :) Yet I still eat it in winter, especially the one from the ice-cream man.

10. hijin

hijin Guest

For me, there are probably three reasons why I don't eat ice cream. The first one is if I am not feeling well, like if I have cough, colds, or stomachache. Second, I don't eat ice cream if I am not in the mood. Third is, I don't eat ice cream when I am saving money. Other than that, I love ice cream and I love eating it no matter what time of the year. Eating ice cream in the winter? Who cares? Ice cream is just fantastic and nice even in very cold winter. You get to enjoy it for long because it doesn't melt that easily. Now, you have me craving for some chocolate ice cream.