What do you think is the best thing to do when you get cold?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 12, 2015.

1. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

The winter is here and it increases day by day. I believe that it can be really troublesome to our health when we start suffering from a lot of cold and cough. So what is your best remedy that you have used till now?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I think that the best remedy is the preventive one, so I can recommend echinacea to make our immune system stronger, it's what I am taking and the results are being ok so far.

3. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Drinking lots of hot water is known to get rid of a cold faster. If you have some lemons, ginger and honey make some tea and enjoy it. Make sure that you have adequate sleep so that your body can heal quickly. Make an appointment with your doctor if a cold has not cleared after one week.

4. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Drinking a hot beverage works for me. Especially after long hikes in the middle of the winter, a hot chocolate or some wine is the best thing to do.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yep, we can also attack it with a lemon tea and honey, that usually is great for the cold. My wife uses to drink a hot glass of milk with honey when going to bed, seems to work for her.

6. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Lately I have been drinking a hot tea before bed to cope with the throat pain. But I think meds are the safest bet nowadays...

7. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I find that the best way to help me get rid of my colds faster is to drink a lot of hot tea. The tea helps to keep your sinuses and throat loose and it is soothing to the soul. I am sure any hot beverage would do if tea is not your thing. I have heard that milk products actually prolong the life of your cold, but I have done no research on this fact.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

On my part of the world, its chilly and wet...the rainy season has began, thankfully the dusty spell is out, ...my advice, stay indoors, its warmer indoors, take hot coffee, chocolate or lemon tea with a tincture of honey, hot veggie soup also does wonders, dress warm...my $ 0.02.

9. Glcameron

Glcameron Well-Known Member

My basic remedy for a cold is still hot soup in teeth. I also find that by drinking tea with an antioxidant like honey also helps clear the throat and makes me feel a lot a lot quicker. If it gets a lot worse I 10 to go to the hospital and get the antibiotics that I need to be able to kick in the butt a lot quicker. I think everyone has their own personal recommendation for making sure that you feel better when it's cold outside but I think the best thing that you can possibly do was make sure that you dress well for the when you go outside.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is to sleep. Drink a lot of water and eat some hot soup or porridge. And take some medicine too.