What Do You Think Of Voodoo?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

When I hear about voodoo it always remind me an Indiana Jones movie where he was attacked with one. I don't know if this really exists and to be honest I don't want to find out!

2. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

I don't believe in voodoo, witchcraft or any of that nonsense! You mean you can put a pin on a doll and another person feels the pain? Oh c'mon! Stop messing with me! Is any of that doll-magic documented on video? Not science-fiction.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Read some true tales about voodoo and it will read like fiction. Black magick is real. Just because someone hasn't seen it in action doesn't mean it isn't real. Since voodoo at it's core just is black magic, it is one of the many religions that deify satan. The only dark gods of old worshiped that I know of are dark entities chief of whom is satan.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Voodoo and witchcraft are often put together as the same thing, and while I'm not a follower of either, it isn't that long ago that people were being burned at the stake because society believed they were practicing witches.

To say that voodoo doesn't exist is foolish because it clearly does, but to how effective it is, is an entirely different matter altogether.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Quite right. People who live in places like Haiti who know exactly what Voodoo is all about and have probably been hexed are the people who should inform the world about the efficacy of voodoo. And it's these people who tell tales about, trances, dolls and potions which can transform corpses into zombies . . .

But people don't believe the supernatural is exists which is probably why there's so much skepticism.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I don't believe that voodoo, just like any other religion, has any real power other than creating an illusion in the minds of people. That is not to say it doesn't work at all, the human mind is a very powerful thing. But there is no "magic" so to say, just people being mislead.

I do think these more... tribal and mystical religions are interesting though. I love to read about them.

7. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

Voodoo is deplorable. It has the negative intent intertwined within the ritual. I don't believe it works, but I do believe that people that try to use it are messed up in the noggin.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think your right and wether it works or not is one debate, I think if a person tries to use it in the first place is probably more of an issue that needs to talked about.

People who try voodoo and witchcraft will only do it for negative reasons and will very rarely try to use it for good.